Who Says You Have to Knit With It?

Here's the yarn that came out of the box, went onto the shelves, got taken off the shelves, got put back on the shelves and then taken off them the next day and put in the hold cabinet behind the cabinet.  I wasn't sure what exactly I was going to make with them although I thought it might be this.  But maybe it should be this.  Or maybe the yarn should stay just as it is, neatly spun cylinders of yum.  Don't they look fine against my peeling porch floor?  It's not like I don't have other things to knit.  There's the Dani and Felicia Sweater soon to be available on Ravelry.  The store sample of the Katonah Yarn Summer Scarf soon to be available as a kit - the perfect solution for what to knit by the pool - a skein of Artyarns Cottonspring on short wooden needles.  A Wallaby in Tosh DK for my daughter because she saw, tried on and enjoyed the luxurious feel of Jennifer's.  And creatively crocheting together my Mitered Crosses Squares because I don't like things to be symmetrical in the traditional sense.
There's nothing quite like the anticipation of a long weekend, a covered porch, a chair by the river, a pile of books, and a bag full of yarn.  Even if all you do with the yarn is look at it.- Liz

No comments: